Guest blogging remains to be a highly effective link-building technique and a great way to reach a wider audience, drive more traffic to your website and show your value as a thought leader in your niche.
However, the most important aspect about a guest post transaction is that it needs to be mutually beneficial to both the writer of the article and the owner of the site publishing the article. You should be providing as much value through either your content or the success of your site, that it is a good match.
Techniques to find guest post friendly sites
1. Define your purpose for guest posting
2. Decide on the right sized websites/blogs that will suit your content and blog
3. Create a list of websites that accept guest posts
4. Connect with similar websites/blogs on social media
5. Google your search terms to find guest blogging websites
6. Search for guest blogging websites in reverse
7. Use tools to help you find guest posting opportunities
Define your purpose for guest posting
With guest posting, finding the correct fit for your article can mean a couple of different things. Its best know exactly what you want to achieve from a guest post opportunity before you choose where to publish it.
Some of the options for this would be:
- Some there suits the niche of your content perfectly
- A site where you can achieve your goal or income, promotion or both
- Somewhere that values your work
Decide on the right sized websites/blogs that will suit your content and blog
Be realistic in your choice of sites where you are wanting to post your article. If your content and link to your own website is much more developed then the site you are publishing on, the site probably will not have as much traffic as you would like to be generating. Likewise, if the site you wish to publish on is successful, you will need to keep in mind, that if these are paid guest posts the higher the traffic and DA, the higher the price.
Create a list of websites that accept guest posts
Start making a list of all the sites you find that have potential for your content. You can then keep the ones you do not act on immediately as reference to look back on and for potential collaborations at a later date.
Connect with similar websites/blogs on social media
Use social media as a helpful tool. Run a search on the actual social media platforms you use like: ‘guest post’ to see what different options come up. It could lead to an alternate route to some useful sites you may not have already thought or heard of. It will also be a good tool to find the most recent current information about guest posts.
Google your search terms to find guest blogging websites
Google is a great place to start in the search for guest posting opportunities. You can use any of the following keyword searches to find blogs that accept guest posts. Just replace keyword with keywords from your industry.
- keyword “submit a guest post”
- keyword “guest post”
- keyword “guest post by”
- keyword “accepting guest posts”
- keyword “guest post guidelines”
Search for guest blogging websites in reverse
To successfully achieve reverse guest blogging and make it work for you. Here are some essential tips from Small Business Trends:
1. Figure out what you want out of a guest contributor. How often do you want them to contribute? Is there a particular subject you want discussed?
2. Make a list of all the authors you may want to feature. After you make a list, consider doing a few searches to find other writes who you aren’t familiar with.
3. Go out and try to connect with those authors and talk with them about this opportunity.
This process is not easy, so if it does not work out as planned, use the experience and find out who they are connected with and try to outreach with these too!
Using tools and skills to find
When you search for a website in your niche on Google you will get a vast array of options. However, not all these sites will be open for guest posts, so it’s best to narrow your search by including terms likely to be used by websites looking for guest posts plus your niche or topic. For example: Home Décor + “Guest Post”
The act of finding where you would like to publish your content will take time and errors, to learn what works best for you and your blog but by using some of these option above may help with focus on certain aspects!